REASONS FOR COLLECTING INFORMATION
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect (without a password) personal information, such as:
01.Your first name, last name and contact information, including your mobile phone number and email address that you may submit to us when you interact with the Site or telephone the Company.
- Location Information or similar location-based information.
In addition, when you use the Site, we automatically receive and record information from your browser or mobile platform, including location, IP address, cookie information and activity on the Site.
This information is stored in our server logs in order to improve the functionality of our Site.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION COLLECTED
We may use this information to:
- fulfilling a request to provide our social services related to our Office
- We may use our services to provide our social services to our clients in connection with our social services
- Updating records for the purpose of maintaining records for you
- Protecting our legitimate interest
- Comply with legal and financial regulatory obligations to which we are subject
- Improving the Funeral Home and Website.
We may contact you by email for the purposes set out in this section. By submitting this information to us, you are deemed to have agreed that we may contact you by email. We will continue to communicate with you using this method until you inform us in writing that you no longer wish to be contacted.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
We receive your Personal Information from various sources:
- when you make a phone call to the Company’s call center.
- When you voluntarily provide us with your Personal Information to subscribe to our website and/or to our electronic newsletter mailing list.
- When you send information via the contact form.
- When you use or access our website.
MANAGEMENT OF INFORMATION
We use procedural and technological measures to protect your personal information from loss, unauthorized access, disclosure, modification or destruction. Our www.postscriptum.com.gr website uses encryption, password protection, firewalls, internal restrictions and other security measures to prevent unauthorized access to personally identifiable information.
Although we take reasonable steps to safeguard information, we cannot be responsible for the actions of those who gain unauthorized access or misuse of our site and we make no warranty, express, implied or otherwise, that we will prevent such access.
- Receive confirmation as to whether Personal Information concerning you is being processed and have access to your stored Personal Information together with additional information.
- Receive a copy of the Personal Information you provide to us directly in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- Request the correction of your Personal Information under our control.
- Request the deletion of your Personal Information.
- Request the restriction of our processing of your Personal Information. If you have any questions or comments, or if you wish to update, delete or change any Personal Information we maintain, or are concerned about how we have handled any privacy issue, please contact our Data Protection Officer (“DPO”) by email ([email protected]).
MARKETING – WEBSITE PROMOTION
We may use your Personal Information to provide you with promotional material about our products or services that we believe may be of interest to you. Within the promotional-marketing letter (newsletter) you will include the option to unsubscribe from receiving further marketing offers from us. If you unsubscribe, we will remove your email address from our marketing distribution list (newsletter list). Please note that even if you unsubscribe from receiving marketing emails from us, we may send you other types of important email communications. These may include communications about the Company or our services.
- The names of the cookies we use on our website and the purpose of their use are set out below:
- we use Google Analytics and Adwords on our website to identify a computer when a user visits the website, to track users when navigating the website, to enable the use of shopping cart on the website, to improve the functionality of the website, to analyze website usage, to administer the website, to protect against fraud and improve website protection, to personalize the website for each user, to target advertisements that may be of interest to a particular user, to improve the website’s functionality, to analyze website usage, to manage the website, to protect against fraud and to improve website protection, to personalize the website for each user, to target advertisements that may be of interest to a particular user, to improve the website’s performance, and to improve the website’s security.
- in Internet Explorer (version 10) you can block cookies using the cookie settings found by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy” and “Advanced”
- in Firefox (version 24) you can block all cookies by clicking “Tools,” “Options,” “Privacy,” selecting “Use custom settings for history” from the menu and unchecking “Accept cookies from websites”; and
- in Chrome (version 29), you can block all cookies by going to the “Customize and Control” menu and clicking “Settings,” “View Advanced Settings,” and “Content Settings” and selecting “Block websites from data” under the “Cookies” heading.
Blocking all cookies will have a negative effect on the functionality of many websites. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all of your website’s functionality.
- You can delete cookies already stored on your computer-for example:
in Internet Explorer (version 10), you will need to manually delete cookie files (you can find instructions at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835 );
in Firefox (version 24), you can delete cookies by clicking “Tools,” “Options,” and “Privacy,” then selecting “Use custom settings for history,” clicking “View Cookies,” and “Remove All Cookies” and
in Chrome (version 29), you can delete all cookies by going to the “Customize and Control” menu, and tapping “Settings,” “View Custom Settings,” and “Clear Browsing Data,” then selecting “Delete cookies and other website data” before tapping “Clear Browsing Data.”
- Deleting all cookies will have a negative effect on the functionality of many websites.
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as you need it to provide our Services and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our policies. Retention periods will be determined taking into account the type of information collected and the purpose for which it is collected, taking into account applicable state requirements and the need to destroy obsolete and unused information at the earliest reasonable time. In accordance with applicable regulations, we will maintain records containing Customer Personal Information, account registration agreements, communications and anything else required by applicable laws and regulations.
INTERNATIONAL PROCESSING or TRANSFER
By visiting our website, and providing us with data, you acknowledge and agree that some of your information (including personal information) may be transferred, processed and retained outside our jurisdiction. The data may not be as protected as within the European Union. Specific information about the transfer of data to and from the EEA (European Economic Area – EEA) and the United States, as well as dispute resolution procedures, is described below.
TRANSFERS OF DOMESTIC GOODS OUTSIDE THE EEA AND A FRAMEWORK FOR INDEPENDENCE PROTECTION
EU data subjects should be aware that some data recipients may be located outside the EEA. In these cases, in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679) (“GDPR”), we will only transfer your data to countries that have been approved by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of data protection or enter into legal agreements ensuring an adequate level of data protection.
The transfer of data to US-based recipients is in accordance with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-US Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the US Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use and retention of personal information by the European Union member countries and Switzerland.